When a new plugin is developed by some company,they usually provide as many conveniences and functions as they can to satisfy their users in order to obtain more market share. And as the number of users grow day by day, the developers will also update their plugins version by version. And they cut some functions as they update their plugin and users need to pay for the pro version to get these functions.
That is normal because the developers need to make money from their plugins. Therefore, sometimes it’s good for you to keep the old version plugin works in your wordpress site. And sometimes when you need these old version of plugins to install in your new website,you can’t download it from the developer’s official site and wordpress plugin directory,because all you get is the new versions. In this case, you need to extract the installed old version plugins from your old wordpress site.
How to extract plugins from your wordpress site?
1. Go to the file manager of your website from the hosting server.
If your website is hosting by shared hosting, go to the cPanel dashboard or the dashboard provide by your hosting server company.
Here we take cPanel as example. go to the file manager, check the directory /xxxx.com(your domain)/wp-content/plugins
2. Go to the website you want to extract the plugins from.
3. Go to wp-content
4. Go to plugins
5. Right click on the plugin you want to extract and click compress.
6. Click zip archive when compress the plugin.
7. After the plugin has been compressed, right click the zip file and download it. Now you have successfully extract the plugin from your site.
After you extract the plugin from your site, it’s with zip file format which is same as the developer provide in their official website. You can upload it to your new website by add new in plugins. You can install it as the way all other plugins been installed.